Sunday 19 January 2014

Romance starts with the letter J; My favorite authors

Like I have written before I love romance and I read romance. What I noticed was that some of the fantastic romantic authors name starts with the letter J. Jude Deveraux, Judith Mcnaught, Julie Garwood, Julia Quinn and the goddess of words herself Ms Jane Austen. I have read all their books except Garwoods contemporary work. She writes fabulous historical romances. Quinn is super funny and the character Mrs Wishtledown that she has created is a master piece. Some other favorites of mine are Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Eloisa James, Victoria Alexander and Stephanie Laurens. I enjoy the magic and witch craft based novels Nora Roberts writes. Nicholas Sparks writes good slow romances which are meant to be made into movies. Cecelia Ahern writes drama, I wouldn't call them romance. She writes about hope and seeing a width and depth in little things on life.

As a teenager I went through this Jane Austen phase. And when I say phase I mean her book, a notebook, pencil and dictionary. I would read the book and hunt the dictionary for the meaning of the words Ms Austen would use as if its part of our banal everyday vocabulary like indigence and indolence. I loved the stories she spun and that experience helped me with my GRE years later. Somehow Emma is the only books I haven't read and somehow I do not want to.. wonder..

Anyways the other authors I enjoy and have almost read all their novels are Jeffery Archer, John Grisham, Mary Higgins Clark, Debbie Maccomber and Sydney Sheldon. Then there are many books I read because the book is good.

If anyone wants to try a new author and wants suggestions, I am your go to gal 

No comments:

Post a Comment