Sunday 19 January 2014

Marry the beast, keep the library

Yes, I am definitely one of the girls who was more wowed by the library in the beauty and the beast. That library is like heaven on earth for me. Sigh!! The smell of new books.. I do not understand the ebook concept. Just holding a book, reading, turning pages, the feeling is different. I read a lot of books, yes majority are romances, then the rest of fiction and finally some biographies/autobiographies. When I say romances I dont mean Mills and Boons. Yes i have read my share of them as a teenager, but for me romances are the historical romances. Strong women who know their mind, knight in shining armors being told to rust off but he sill comes back.. blah blah. Most of my favorite books are where the heroine is strong, may be she struggles but she knows her mind. My all time favorite is Jeffery Archers prodigal daughter. I am waiting for Mia to get into grade 3, just a few more years. This is the book I will gift her. When I was in college, every time I got lazy about studying I would read Florentyna studying for the Radcliffe scholarship and the week that followed my parents' would wonder what got into me. Anyways here are some books I have read and I recommend. They are in no particular order
1. Anne Frank: The diary of a young girl by Anne Frank
2. The Prodigal Daughter by Jeffery Archer
3. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
4. The Secret Garden by Francess Hudgson Burnett
5. Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson
6. The Harry Potter Series by J K Rowling
7. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
8. Sense and sensibility by Jane Austen
9. Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson
10. My experiments with truth by Mahatma Gandhi
11. If tomorrow comes by Sydney Sheldon
12. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
13. Love Story by Erich Seagal
14. One flew over the cuckoos nest by Ken Kesey
15. Something about Everything by Bill Bryson
16. Belly Laughs by Jenny Mccarthy
17. Romancing Mr Bridgerton by Julia Quinn
18. Nobodys baby but mine by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
19. To kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee
20. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
21. Chocolat by Joanne Harris
22. Memoirs of a Geisha  by Arthur Golden
23. PS I love you by Cecilia Ahern
24. Matilda by Roald Dahl
25. Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
26. The Bridget Jones Diary by Helen Fielding
27.

The list does not end. There are a lot more books I am quite sure I have forgotten and there are a lot more books I will still read. Books books books Sigh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment