Friday 17 January 2014

The under-rated Romance

Romance, the word and every action and thought that leads to the word makes me smile. Romance. Its such a sweet word. It is such a simple emotion. I wonder why many people are so scared of romance or act like its such a huge burden. Why is romance associated with something that has to be bought. Romantic gesture- meaning buy chocolates, buy flowers, buy diamonds.. buy.. no wonder men are so scared. lol. Romance to me is associated with love. Not just the full fledged lets jump off the cliff together love, its those stirrings of love. Those little butterflies. You know he likes you, you know he wants to spend more time with you. I believe the best feeling is when you are in a group and you are chit chatting having fun and by chance you look in his direction and he is looking at you with a smile on his face. Your heart skips a beat. Lub dub. Even better when your friends notice that he looks at you when you are not looking. Boy that is fantastic. I miss that.
By the way I am not the type who says flowers and diamonds are not romance. I am no fool, girl. The problem with guys and girls is simple. Girls want the thought and guys want to be told. You tell them and they will do it, but we feel that whats the point. If I have to ask for it, that means he doesn't think I am worth it. We want him to think. Its simple if he sees something for a dollar in a flee market and picks it up because he thought it will look pretty on you. It might be ugly but we will cherish it with a little more value than that diamond you had to ask him. What will make him get lucky is that to us the moral of the story was that he thought of me even when I was not around. The thought. See so simple. I would be happy with one red rose than fifty. Once this guy sent me this huge bouquet of flowers, different flowers, the arrangement was an organised mess. Supposedly it reminded me of him. :) Holding hands is romantic, kissing on the forehead is romantic. Just a passing touch, brush of the arm, putting a bothersome lock of my hair behind my ear, these little little sub-conscious gestures are romantic. After a couple of years of marriage, just taking a moment to look into her eyes and saying I love you is romantic. :)
I wonder why and when did romance become so complicated. Or people just got so settled in their banal life and got busy for romance. Watching romances or reading romances are considered uncool. Romance is an expression of love and is there a better feeling in the world than being loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment