Thursday 23 January 2014

Smile :) until Jail is a better place


This is one of the most common conversations I have these days, written in a very generic form
Friend: Hi

Me: Hi long time how are you

Friend: Fantastic. I just got engaged.

Me: Great, Congrats!! So when’s the big day

Friend: I’ll tell you all about it. You tell me. How are you? Found someone special?

Me: Nope. I am happily single

Friend: Oh, don’t worry you’ll find someone.

!!!!! Hello!!!!! What just happened here? “Don’t worry you’ll find someone? Don’t worry? “.  I check my face; I am smiling, so I don’t look sad. And dint I just say 'happily' single? I wonder what gave her the idea that I am worried and sad and desperately looking for this someone special. If you are a single gal and haven’t had to go through this conversation, I’d say you are lying. Poor thing you are in denial.
But girls, the problem is not us. It’s just that our engaged or newly married friends are so blissfully happy with their life that they think that any other state of living is SAD.  You could say that it’s not the newly married creatures whose giggles and the hanger in the mouth grin makes you feel like hitting them with the same hanger and saying get out of it. You could say even friends who have been married for years try to have the why you aren’t married conversation with you. Those females are just plain jealous that why should they be the only ones who have to suffer the “bliss”.  
There was a time, not to long back, when my sister would go on about how I should not worry and I would find someone just as amazing as her husband who according to her is He-man, Superman and Batman all rolled in one with a drizzle of James Bond on top. It got to the point where I had to threaten my parents with grave consequences if they dint keep their daughter in check. Yes she was newly married but the only reason I did not kill her is because I don’t like jail.
So all you sweet people who care for a single friends status, put this into your mushy brains, the day jails start serving chocolate and French fires and playing 2 broke girls, you are the first person she is coming after. Have fun!
 
Love
MM

No comments:

Post a Comment